Thinking of renting your West Cork property
Here are some reasons why you should use us
As a West Cork auctioneer of 18 years’ experience we know how important a property transaction is to you and treat every property as if it is our own. We get excellent referral business from people we have served – See what are clients are saying about us here.
We have rented out hundreds of properties in and around the Clonakilty and West Cork region. We realise how difficult it can be to rent out your property especially if it’s for the first time. We can help and have an intimate knowledge of renting out properties.
Database of active prospective tenants – We have an up to date database of ready to go tenants. We regularly rent out properties without ever advertising them, as we often have the perfect tenant in mind when see a prospective rental.
We are EXTREMELY CAREFUL when it comes to selecting and vetting tenants.
We also offer full rental management in West Cork – check out our management services here…
Price achieved – We achieve excellent prices for our clients. This is because we are active on advising how to present the property and we are really good at marketing a property in its best light.
We are qualified, fully insured, fully licenced (PSRA no. 004347) and were one of Irelands first TeGOVA qualified valuers, proficent to provide valuations to European Valuation Standards. We also have the additional “D” licence as per the Property Services Regulator.
We are local, and trusted with confidential information by our clients within our community.
Clonakilty Property Office – Our new office is highly visible and right on Faxbridge roundabout, probbaly West Corks busiest interesection. It is near impossible to miss us.
We accommodate our clients and prospective viewers as much as possible and offer late evenings and Saturday appointments as well as regular business hours.
Marketing – we use a range of media to efectively market your property.
Photography – We have trained in photography and also offer high resolution drone photography where the property would benefit from it. For instance, a property that is elevated from its surrounds or a property with a superb backdrop, or large garden – a picture tells a thousand words.
Our West Cork property listings also appear on social media & Facebook and we have almost 1300 followers of our business page. It adds another strand onto the marketing spread.
Let only Service
We have rented out hundreds of properties in and around the Clonakilty region. We realise how difficult it can be to rent out your property especially if it’s for the first time. We can help and have an intimate knowledge of this sector of the business, and also have an excellent database of tenants that we know are in the market for a property like yours.
- Advise you on jobs that need to be done prior to renting
- Advise you on the inventory/appliances to supply etc
- Advertise your property for lease.
- Liaise with prospective tenants and arrange viewings of the property
- Establish rental history, references and payment ability of prospective tenants
- Liaise with you to confirm the lease arrangements including the terms.
- Prepare a letting agreement and arrange for it to be signed by both you and the tenant.
- Collect the security deposit and the first month’s rent from the tenant and hand over the tenant’s set of keys.
- Advise the tenant of your contact details and the initial payment arrangement for the rent.
- Pass on to you the original letting agreement and the security deposit.
- If requested by you, prepare the initial registration form PRTB1 for you to submit to the Private Residential Tenancies Board. We can also do this online for you.
- Subject to agreement with you switch the electricity/gas account over to the tenant.
- Subject to agreement estimate the level of the oil present in the tank prior to the tenant taking occupation.
- Carry out a photographic inventory and condition report of the contents of the property.
Martin Kelleher Property Ltd.
PSR LICENCE NUMBER: 004347
CRO. : 684543
VAT No. : 3726737HH
ADDRESS: Faxbridge Roundabout, Clonakilty, Co.Cork, Ireland
PHONE: 023 8859111
MOBILE: 086 8500967
Clonakilty is increasingly viewed as a super area to relocate to. This is no surprise given the strength of amenities on offer such as the excellent schools, shops, restaurants and hotels, not to mention the choice of beaches, sporting facilities, clubs and interest groups on our doorstep…..